On June 19, the architecture and design center (located next to the Museum of Modern Art) will open an exhibition with and about the bicycle. The bike and cycling are highlighted here as pages in the history of design and culture, as design objects, as lifelong companions and as an opportunity for urban planning, faced as it now is with an urgent need of redirection. The exhibition will close on October 5.
During that period several side events will be organized such as:
- Tuesdays in July from 5pm to 8pm: bicycle-themed after work at Café Blom
- August 3 to October 5: family Sundays from 1pm to 3pm (make bike accessories for yourself or your bike)
- July 5, August 6 & October 4: bike before breakfast from 6am to 9am (bike out in the early morning and discover the architecture of Stockholm together with a guide)
- August 13, 15, 30 & September 6, 13, 20, 27 & October 4: biking academy from 1pm to 3pm (learn how to ride safely in traffic, for kids)
- August 12 to 16: culture festival (make bike accessories for yourself or your bike
- September 2: cycle cities (a seminar ont the sustainable and bike-friendly cities of the future)
- October 3 & 4: film festival (movies, bike and fun)
- In June, August & September, Tuesdays from 4pm to 7pm & Sundays from 12am to 5pm: bring your bike and learn how to repair it
For a more detailed program please visit http://www.arkdes.se/articles/cykel (only in Swedish but Google Translate is your friend).